How Does it Work?
- It’s easy to start. Click on the law firm within your state with whom you want to try and register as a client. There is no cost to do this. Your lawyers will conduct a conflict of interest check.
- If you want to purchase a legal document bundled with legal advice for a fixed fee, just sign into your account at the law firm of your choosing, click on the title of the document you need, and a questionnaire will open in your web browser (PC or MAC) within your secure MyLegalAffairs client portal.
- Move through the questionnaire answering all the questions. Help prompts are available along the way.
- After you have completed the Questionnaire, your attorney will create your legal document, provide you with legal advice, and if you are filing yourself, give you detailed instructions on how to file your document and represent yourself in court.
How Do I Set Up My Secure MyLegalAffairs™ Account?
- All legal documents purchased from your law firm will be stored in your own secure, online MyLegalAffairs™ account.
- You can even save incomplete questionnaires in your MyLegalAffairs™account. Come back any time to edit, finish, and purchase as applicable.
Can I Access My Legal Documents 24/7?
- All completed legal documents are accessible in your MyLegalAffairs™account 24/7.
- All legal documents such as Divorce, Name Change, Wills, Living Trusts, Powers of Attorney, and Living Wills have detailed, step-by-step instructions.
How Do I Get Legal Advice?
- Have a complex legal problem?
- Log into your MyLegalAffairs™ account and purchase legal advice by the question, for a fixed fee, by telephone, email, or webcam.
- Our network of virtual law firms offers unbundled, fixed-fee legal services such as document review, telephone, email, or webcam consultation, or possibly full legal representation, at very affordable rates.